In continually volatile capital markets, issuers, investors and underwriters must be increasingly nimble to manage business risk and meet their financing goals. Clients call upon Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP’s capital markets team to devise innovative financing solutions that consider near- and long-term market realities and to benefit from our results-oriented approach to getting deals done.
We regularly represent issuers, private equity funds and their portfolio companies, obligors and underwriters in the full range of public and private debt and equity transactions, including:
- initial and secondary public offerings
- shelf registrations and takedowns
- offerings of investment-grade, high-yield and convertible debt
- tender offers, exchange offers and consent solicitations
- Rule 144A/Regulation S offerings and traditional private placements
- leveraged acquisition financing
- American Depositary Share offerings
- commercial paper offerings
- rights offerings
- offerings of tax-exempt industrial development bonds
- offerings of electric utility securitization bonds
- PIPE transactions
- debt restructurings
- offerings on behalf of REITs.
We have extensive experience advising issuers and creditors with respect to debt restructuring transactions, both inside and outside of formal bankruptcy proceedings. Also of note is our specialized experience in transactions involving special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs). In recent years, some of the market’s most sophisticated SPAC investors and underwriters have turned to us as counsel on their deals.
In 2013, we advised on approximately $28 billion in capital markets transactions, and ranked 21st among advisors to U.S. equity offerings (by Bloomberg). We also ranked in the top twenty among law firms advising on high-yield debt offerings.