While organizations throughout the world strive for greater operational efficiencies and sound technology platforms, each has its own set of unique needs, challenges and opportunities to unlock value. Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP’s outsourcing and technology team guides clients as they source, structure, license and implement a wide range of information technology and business process services and solutions to contain costs, streamline processes and move their business forward.
Outsourcing clients look to Akin Gump to evaluate, structure, negotiate and manage all types of outsourcing transactions, including complex, competitively bid and multinational transactions. We take a collaborative approach to negotiations, recognizing that they are the starting point of a long-term relationship. We have deep industry experience, a strong understanding of “market standard” terms and the knowledge to advise clients when such terms should be modified. Our team also collaborates with other Akin Gump lawyers in related disciplines, including labor and employment, tax and data privacy.
Akin Gump is widely recognized for its experience in IT Outsourcing and Business Process Outsourcing transactions and has been recognized in various publications, including Chambers USA, Chambers Global, PLC Which lawyer?, Best Lawyers in America-Information Technology Law and ILO Client Choice Guides.
We advise clients with respect to –
- information technology outsourcing (ITO), including:
- infrastructure management
- applications development and maintenance
- data center and desktop outsourcing
- managed network services agreements
- business process outsourcing (BPO), including:
- human resources (HRO)
- finance and accounting (F&A)
- facilities management
- supply chain functions
- contract manufacturing
- Technology, Licensing and E-Commerce
- software development agreements
- software licenses
- maintenance and support contracts
- hardware acquisitions
- marketing agreements
- joint ventures and strategic alliances
- teaming relationships
- domestic and international distribution agreements.
- IP technology, licensing and contracts