Private equity firms, hedge funds and other sophisticated investors have long recognized the ingenuity and forward-thinking approach that we bring to our secured creditor representations. Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP has frequently been chosen as counsel to agent banks, bank groups, indenture trustees and ad hoc secured noteholders’ groups in significant chapter 11 proceedings and out-of-court restructurings because our commitment to a deep understanding of our clients’ business, as well as of their industry and relationships, always forms the basis of any strategic plan. Furthermore, attorneys in our financial restructuring and corporate finance practices have extensive experience structuring, negotiating and documenting bridge loans, DIP financing and exit financing arrangements in connection with out-of-court and in-court restructurings. In every engagement, our goal is to create a strategic partnership with our client to ensure that, at the end of the day, its rights are protected and its recovery is maximized.
- the second lien agent of CDX Gas, LLC
- an informal group of second lien lenders of Eastman Kodak Company
- an informal group of senior secured noteholders in Evergreen Solar, Inc.
- the agent for the first lien lenders of Hawkeye Renewables, LLC
- an informal group of first lien lenders of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company
- an informal group of second lien noteholders of Indianapolis Downs, LLC
- LNR Property, LLC, in its capacity as special servicer of several CMBS trusts and as senior secured lender in over 200 real estate chapter 11 proceedings
- the debtor-in-possession lender and largest first lien lender of Lyondell Chemical Co.
- an informal group of second lien lenders of NewPage Corp.
- the steering group of secured lenders of Philadelphia Newspapers LLC
- the debtor-in-possession lender and first lien lender of William Lyon Homes
- an informal group of first lien credit agreement lenders of YRC Worldwide, Inc.