Ashleigh L. Blaylock’s practice focuses on financial restructuring matters, with an emphasis on debtor and creditors’ committee representations in large, complex cases.
Practice & Background
Ms. Blaylock has a broad range of transactional and litigation experience across a number of industries, including food and beverage, satellite, telecom, energy, health care, media, specialty chemicals, and homebuilding and construction.
Ms. Blaylock’s experience includes advising clients with respect to business operations in Chapter 11; providing advice relating to mass tort and environmental liabilities of financially troubled companies; and providing advice, negotiating and structuring financings and other commercial transactions.
Before joining Akin Gump, Ms. Blaylock was associated with the New York office of a large Chicago-based law firm.
Ms. Blaylock’s recent representations include:
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Dynegy Holdings, LLC
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Hawker Beechcraft, Inc.
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Friendly Ice Cream Corporation, et al.
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Saint Vincents Catholic Medical Centers, et al.
- debtor, TerreStar Networks Inc., et al.