Brandon B. Danford’s practice focuses on complex commercial litigation matters. He has represented clients in a variety of industries, including insurance, manufacturing, construction, broadcast media and hospitality.
Practice & Background
Mr. Danford received his B.B.A. summa cum laude in accounting and his master of taxation from Baylor University in 1996. He received his J.D. in 2004 from the University of Texas School of Law, where he was the executive director of the Legal Research Board and a notes editor of The Review of Litigation.
Before attending law school, Mr. Danford worked for five years as a tax consultant in the Dallas practice of Deloitte & Touche LLP where he focused on corporate and partnership taxation. Mr. Danford is a certified public accountant, and he frequently uses his knowledge of accounting and tax matters for his clients’ benefit.
Mr. Danford is a member of the State Bar of Texas, the Texas Young Lawyers Association, the San Antonio Bar Association and the Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas. In 2011, Mr. Danford was chosen as the San Antonio Office’s Pro Bono Counsel of the Year.
Mr. Danford has represented clients in matters that include:
- domestic and foreign insurers in litigation arising out of directors and officers, professional liability, technology and media, long term disability, and accidental death and dismemberment coverage
- a broker-dealer of securities sued in multiple actions as a result of the outside business activities of its registered representatives
- a manufacturing company in a dispute with the Third Party Administrator overseeing its medical plan
- an insurer/servicer of corporate owned life insurance sued by the named insureds under the policy
- a motor coach manufacturer sued in a products liability action following a high profile accident in southeast Texas
- a hotel developer in several actions related to the construction of a major San Antonio hotel.