Irina V. Maistrenko’s practice focuses on corporate finance and securities, capital markets, business combination and energy transactions in the United States and internationally, including countries of the former Soviet Union and other emerging markets.
Practice & Background
Ms. Maistrenko has handled public debt and equity offerings, representing both issuers and underwriters; private placements; venture capital transactions; and mergers and acquisitions. In addition to her transactional practice, she advises clients on general corporate matters, corporate governance, and compliance with stock exchange rules and securities laws.
Ms. Maistrenko’s clients include public and private companies in the oil and gas, telecommunications, technology and a variety of other industries. Ms. Maistrenko also has substantial experience in cross-border transactions involving companies in Russia and other emerging markets, Europe and Latin America.
Ms. Maistrenko received her B.A. with honors in linguistics and foreign languages in 1993 from Tavrical National (Simferopol State) University in Simferopol, Ukraine, and her M.A. in mass communications/journalism in 1997 from Texas Tech University. She received her J.D. cum laude in 2000 from the Southern Methodist University School of Law. She is a member of the State Bar of Texas.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Maistrenko was a reporter and a news anchor at the KRIM television station in Simferopol, Ukraine, and an associate producer at KCBD-TV in Lubbock, Texas.
Ms. Maistrenko is fluent in Russian and Ukrainian and has a working knowledge of German.
Ms. Maistrenko’s recent representations include advising:
- an ELP company in a pending $200 million initial public offering
- a public E&P company in a series of primary and secondary underwritten public offerings of common stock aggregating $416 million
- a public oil and gas exploration and production (E&P) company in securities offerings, including a $150 million initial public offering, $225 million equity offering, $50 million PIPES offering and several Rule 144A bond offerings aggregating $700 million
- a public E&P company in a $3.4 billion merger with a publicly traded competitor
- a public E&P company in a $866 million business combination with a publicly traded competitor
- an information-based loyalty and marketing solutions corporation in a $156 million initial public offering, $805 million convertible senior notes Rule 144A/Reg. S offering, $345 million convertible senior notes Rule 144A/Reg. S offering and $500 million senior notes Rule 144A/Reg. S offering
- a short-stay surgical hospital company in a $1.8 billion going-private transaction
- a real estate investment trust in a $144 million underwritten public offering of common stock
- a gaming company proposed $100 million medium-term note Reg. S offering and proposed $100 million senior note Rule 144A/Reg. S offering listings on Luxembourg Stock Exchange
- a public E&P company in a $500 million acquisition of oil and gas properties
- a public E&P company in a tender offer transaction
- a midsize energy company in a spin-off of its oil and gas exploration and production subsidiary
- an energy service company in a $150 million bond offering
- a private equity fund in a leveraged buyout of an energy service company
- an investment bank in a $150 million bond offering by an E&P company
- a leading IT staffing company in an acquisition of a publicly traded competitor, a $150 million bond offering and several equity offerings aggregating $230 million
- a leading movie exhibition company in a $243 million initial public offering, several Rule 144A bond offerings aggregating $940 million and a $360 million credit facility
- a leading Russian cellular communications company in acquisitions of a mobile services provider and a wireless carrier in former Soviet republics
- an Argentine oil and gas company in an acquisition of a competitor
- a French pipe and steel company in several acquisitions of competitors
- a Mexican money-transfer services provider in various contractual and banking matters.
- Executive Compensation and Securities Laws Implications, March 2012
- Regulation FD: What a Client Going Public Needs to Know, October 2011
- Securities Act of 1933 – Registered Offerings, CLE, September 2010.