Julia I. De Beers is a member of the firm’s litigation practice, focusing on litigating and trying complex matters and class actions.
Practice & Background
Ms. De Beers received her B.S. cum laude in business administration from the University of Southern California in 2000 and her J.D. cum laude in 2004 from the University of Michigan Law School, where she served as the Notes Editor of the Michigan Journal of International Law.
Ms. De Beers is currently a member of the Los Angeles office’s diversity committee.
Ms. De Beers serves as a member of the board of directors of the California Bar Foundation and the Los Angeles County Bar Foundation.
Ms. De Beers’ recent engagements include:
- serving as co- trial counsel for a U.K.-based hedge fund in a former fund manager’s $100 million action for breach of contract and defamation. A complete defense verdict was rendered
- serving as co-trial counsel of a major food product manufacturer in a multimillion dollar class action arbitration. A complete defense verdict as rendered
- representing a well-known Internet company in a putative class action for copyright infringement related to music downloading
- representing one of the largest integrated energy companies in the United States in connection with various employment class actions alleging failure to pay overtime and failure to provide meal and rest breaks
- representing a well-known San Diego hotel group in class actions alleging meal and rest break, minimum wage and other wage and hour violations
- representing a major food product manufacturer in a putative class action asserting claims for breach of contract and fraud. Successfully secured dismissal of RICO claims and summary judgment of remaining claims
- representing a well-known home improvement retailer in various putative class actions in connection with overtime, meal and rest break, and off-the-clock claims.