Marc D. Rabinovitz is a member of the firm’s corporate practice and concentrates his practice in all aspects of transactional global finance, primarily on different aspects of secured and unsecured lending transactions.
Practice & Background
Prior to joining Akin Gump, Mr. Rabinovitz was a consultant, where he provided research assistance to partners advising arbitrageurs on the likelihood of antitrust clearance of mergers and acquisitions subject to regulatory review by competition authorities in the United States and Europe.
Mr. Rabinovitz’s experience includes the representation of:
- a U.S. airline for many years in all of its aircraft financing and leasing, procurement and maintenance matters
- numerous hedge and investment funds in all types of financing and derivatives matters, including complex, multijurisdictional fund-of-fund finance and liquidity facilities
- two major investment banks in connection with the restructuring of $500 million senior notes with a major motion picture production company
- a private equity real estate company in connection with the origination and administration of a $200 million loan facility to a real estate development company and the subsequent restructuring of the company
- a major U.S. equipment financing and leasing company in connection with numerous domestic and cross-border aircraft acquisition debt financings
- a private equity fund in connection with the negotiation of debt financing for the construction of an iron ore concentrator facility for one of the fund’s portfolio companies
- a major U.S. bank in connection with the origination of working capital facilities and debt financing for leveraged buyouts
- a major U.S. investment bank in connection with the debt financing for the construction of a series of geothermal power plants.