Meng Ru’s practice focuses on private equity-related corporate finance transactions, principally in connection with leveraged buyouts.
Practice & Background
Ms. Ru has represented some of the most sophisticated private equity funds and their portfolio companies in domestic and international debt financings principally in connection with leveraged buyouts, including first lien and second lien senior secured debt financings, high yield bridge financings and private mezzanine debt financings.
She has also advised private equity clients in investments in billions of dollars of distressed debt; represented private equity funds, hedge funds and corporate clients in restructuring the balance sheets of overleveraged companies, including debt workouts and debt exchanges; and represented both debtors and creditors in rescue financings, debtor-in-possession financings and exit financings.
Ms. Ru is a co-founder and director of the Chinese Business Lawyers Association.
Ms. Ru’s recent engagements include serving as counsel to:
- a private equity fund in connection with senior secured credit facilities to finance its acquisition of a 51 percent controlling interest in a financial services processing business
- a private equity-backed global logistics company in connection with more than $2 billion of bank, bridge and high-yield financings and international debt exchange offers
- a private equity fund in connection with more than $7 billion of bank, bridge and high-yield financing for its acquisition of a real estate brokerage franchisor and residential real estate brokerage firm
- a Canada-based natural gas company in a $410 million exit financing
- a major lender in the aviation industry in connection with senior secured credit facilities to finance aircraft acquisition.
Is Asia Right for You? The Ins and Outs of Working in Asia, The Asian American Bar Association of New York Fall Conference, 2010