Sanford E. Warren, Jr. practices intellectual property litigation in the medical device, electronic, chemical, semiconductor, telecommunications, retail and construction fields. Mr. Warren has also managed worldwide trademark portfolios in the aviation, chemical and health fields.
Practice & Background
Mr. Warren is a member of the State Bar of Texas and its Litigation and Intellectual Property sections, the College of the State Bar of Texas, the American Bar Association (Intellectual Property Section; Litigation Section, IP Litigation Committee), the Dallas Bar Association and its Intellectual Property Section, and the International Trademark Association (INTA). He is also a member of the American Chemical Society. Mr. Warren is a member of the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA) and is a former member of the editorial board of the Trademark Reporter of the INTA. He is also the former intellectual property counsel for American Airlines.
Mr. Warren is an expert legal commentator for the International Risk Management Institute, providing quarterly articles that can be found at www.irmi.com.
Mr. Warren is a lifetime fellow of the Dallas Bar Association Foundation and the Texas Bar Foundation.
Mr. Warren has been one of the lead attorneys in the following intellectual property litigations representing:
- a major medical device company in the successful defense of a patent infringement suit involving catheters used in kyphoplasty
- a major telecommunications company in the successful defense of a patent infringement suit involving content delivery
- a major semiconductor company in a successful patent infringement suit involving processes for manufacturing integrated circuits
- a major telecommunications company in the successful defense of a patent infringement suit relating to wireless communication protocols
- a major retail company in the successful defense of a patent infringement suit relating to RFID technology
- a major retail company in the successful defense of a patent infringement suit relating to web based location technology.
Awards & Accolades
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in America for Trademark Law in 2012 through 2014
- Co-course director for the State Bar of Texas 6th and 7th Annual Advanced Patent Litigation CLEs in San Antonio, Texas in July 2010 and 2011
- Post-Seagate and the Attorney-Client Privilege, University of Texas Law School IP Symposium 2008
- Reverse Engineering Integrated Circuits and the Attorney-Client Privilege and the Work Product Doctrine, Semiconductor Insights IP Symposium 2008