Dallas, Houston, Philadelphia or Washington, D.C. - Staff - Content Writer (Temporary)
Dallas, Houston, Philadelphia or Washington, D.C.
Pursuits and Proposals Manager
Core Hours: 9:00 am – 5:30 pm, Monday – Friday (additional hours, as needed)
For consideration please email your resume and cover letter, indicating the job title and location in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under the general supervision and direction of the Pursuits and Proposals Manager, the Content Writer is responsible for updating website and proposal content, including writing, editing and project management while adhering to the firm’s content strategy, internal style guide and American Bar Association (ABA) ethical guidelines.
The Content Writer’s core duties will include writing and editing practice, industry and firm-related descriptions, bios and content contained in the firm’s proposal system. The Content Writer is expected to perform all responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm’s clients, attorneys, advisors and staff, efficient and effective departmental operations, and an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement. Above all, the Content Writer must fulfill the needs of the firm in a manner which is consistent with the firm’s Core Values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Duties are performed throughout every work day, as necessary):
- Review and revise all existing website and proposal content for voice/tense consistency, grammar issues, adherence to content strategy, style guidelines and ABA ethical guidelines.
- Create succinct, high-impact content reflecting the firm’s brand identity, messaging and positioning guided by the firm’s overall content strategy.
- Work with Pursuits and Proposals Manager to develop timeline and strategy for reviewing/revising all website and proposal content within a timeframe.
- Communicate directly with business development team members to facilitate content revisions and updates.
- Utilize Excel to create reports to track progress and create status reports.
- Communicate directly with Marketing Technology team once content has been approved for website/proposal system.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Exceptional writing capabilities, including advanced grammar and proofreading skills
- Ability to create concise narrative copy from a bulleted list or abstract ideas
- Persuasive communication skills and self-assurance to communicate directly with lawyers to learn about what they do and how to convey their experience in a compelling way
- Be a creative, results-driven self-starter with stellar written communication skills and an emphasis on client service
- Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint are essential; knowledge of InterAction preferred
- Ability to prioritize workload, handle several projects at once, work independently, and complete tasks under time pressure, as necessary
- General understanding of different areas of law and industries
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Commitment to the office and firm
- Commitment to professional growth and development
Educational Qualifications/Job Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in English, Communications or Marketing
- At least five years’ writing experience in a professional services environment required
- Previous law firm experience preferred
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP participates in E-Verify for purposes of verifying employment eligibility