Dallas or Washington, DC - Staff - Business Development Coordinator
Dallas or Washington, DC
Senior Business Development Manager
Core Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Monday – Friday, Additional hours as needed
For consideration please email your resume and cover letter, indicating the job title and location in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under the general supervision and direction of the Senior Business Development Manager, and following prescribed department, office and firm procedures, the Business Development Coordinator is responsible for meeting the practice and business development needs of the litigation and labor practices. The Business Development Coordinator is expected to perform all responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm’s attorneys, advisors and staff, and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement. Above all, the Business Development Coordinator must fulfill the needs of the firm in a manner which is consistent with the Firm’s Core Values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Duties are performed throughout every work day, as necessary):
- Assist with the preparation of business development presentations, briefings and new business proposals. Maintain an accurate database of clients and other contacts to enable external communication.
- Assist with practice- and industry-related sponsorships, events and memberships to facilitate the development of the practices.
- Assist with research initiatives to obtain business from new and existing clients.
- Assist with the development and execution of marketing/business development strategies, plans and projects.
- Assist in identifying and evaluating new business opportunities and targets, facilitating cross-selling initiatives, and participating on client-specific target teams.
- Coordinate with PR/Media team members to promote exposure of the individual attorneys, as appropriate.
- Assist with the preparation of legal directories and other rankings and surveys.
- Generally facilitate communication among and between the practices.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong writing and editing skills
- Strong work ethic and service orientation
- Commitment to professional growth and development
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload, work independently and as a member of teams, and complete tasks under time pressure as necessary
- Poise, tact and professionalism when interacting with internal and external contacts
- Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint are essential; experience with InterAction and Courtlink is preferred
Educational Qualifications/Job Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-4 years of related marketing experience, preferably in a law firm
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP participates in E-Verify for purposes of verifying employment eligibility