Dallas - Staff - IT Support Specialist
Dallas/Fort Worth/Longview IT Support Manager
Core Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday, Frequent extended hours, often on short notice. Weekends as needed
For consideration please email your resume and cover letter, indicating the job title and location in the subject line, to email@example.com.
Under the direct supervision of the Dallas IT Support Manager and following prescribed department, office and firm procedures, the IT Support Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day support of IT operations of the office. The IT Support Specialist is expected to perform all responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm’s attorneys, advisors and staff, and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement. Above all, the IT Support Specialist must fulfill the needs of the firm in a manner which is consistent with the Firm’s Core Values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Duties are performed throughout every work day, as necessary):
- Provide direct technical support (Level 1 and Level 2) for computer system users in the office.
- Set-up audio/visual equipment and Video Conference and other presentation needs in conference rooms and insure quality of the meetings.
- Support and troubleshoot both computer and telecommunications-related issues: software, hardware, network devices, printers, and smartphones.
- Handle tickets escalated from the Help Desk in a timely manner. Provide follow-up to users after initial visit. Retain ownership of own assigned tickets and update ticket logs daily.
Other Essential Duties (Duties are performed periodically, as necessary):
- Work on projects as assigned by the Regional Information Technology Manager. IT projects include but are not limited to software upgrades, computer set-ups, phone upgrades and end-of-lease equipment returns.
- Assist with training system-users as required on all aspects of computer Technology.
- Participate in application testing, and systems documentation.
- Participate in the weekly rotation of the after-hours department cell phone and provide after-hours support.
- Maintain accurate equipment inventory by following policies and with direction from the Regional IT Support Manager.
- Maintain and improve technical skills and abilities through continuing professional education and certifications.
- Light travel may be involved to other firm’s locations
- MS Office 2010
- Desktop and Laptop computers
- Cisco VOIP Phones
- Smartphone devices (Apple, Android, BlackBerry)
- Litera ChangePro
- Printers – HP, Xerox, other
- Document Management System
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions
- Ability to communicate with attorneys and staff in an effective, non-technical manner
- Strong technical knowledge in relevant areas
- Ability to join an existing team and integrate into an existing operating environment
- Demonstrated ability to train computer system users in one-on-one settings
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adjust to changing priorities in a professional manner
- Willingness and ability to assume new tasks and responsibilities
- Proven ability to maintain and update technical knowledge and skills
- Strong service orientation, and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with users, peers, office and firm management, and outside business partners
- Ability to work well under pressure, facilitate solutions, and meet deadlines and milestones for projects assigned
- Commitment to the office and firm
- Commitment to professional growth and development
Educational Qualifications/Job Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least a two-year college degree or technical school diploma is preferred; however substantial experience can substitute for education
- A minimum of three years’ experience in IT operations, preferably in a law firm environment
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP participates in E-Verify for purposes of verifying employment eligibility