Dallas - Staff - Receptionist
Conference Center Coordinator
Core Hours: 9:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday-Friday; Additional hours as required
For consideration please email your resume and cover letter, indicating the job title and location in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under direct supervision of the Conference Center Coordinator and following prescribed departmental, office and firm procedures, the Receptionist is responsible for handling the office reception areas, answering internal and external switchboard calls, and performing other general reception duties. Receptionists are expected to perform all responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm’s attorneys, advisors and staff, and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement. Above all, the Receptionist must fulfill the needs of the firm in a manner which is consistent with the Firm's Core Values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Duties are performed throughout every work day, as necessary):
- Greet, welcome and announce clients and visitors to the office.
- Guide visitors to their respective meeting rooms or visitor offices.
- Answer telephones (internal and external calls); take and transmit calls and messages to office personnel, clients and visitors.
- Schedule and confirm meeting reservations for Conference Center.
- Schedule and confirm visiting attorney office requests.
- Consult with appropriate personnel to coordinate conference room functions, as needed.
- Track and maintain taxi voucher log.
- Track and maintain parking log.
- Maintain visitor badge inventory and log to ensure security standards are upheld.
Other Essential Duties (Duties are performed periodically, as necessary):
- Serve as Receptionist for special office events (conferences, symposia, training programs), and direct outside visitors to their destinations.
- Serve as Receptionist for special off-site events (conferences, symposia, Marketing or Recruiting programs).
- Coordinate with Facilities Department for service requests and tenant requests.
- Notify Office Administrator of security concerns.
- Perform clerical and administrative projects as assigned by supervisors.
- Assist with basic IT needs for conference rooms.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of and proficiency on telephone and voicemail systems, including basic and advanced functions
- Excellent telephone manner and oral communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of office procedures for conference room and food service scheduling
- Ability to handle difficult situations with discretion, tact and diplomacy
- Familiarity with office and firm personnel
- Familiarity with office space (location of specific departments, offices, conference rooms, etc.)
- Ability to operate office equipment and technology used on a regular basis, including computers and telephones
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions
- Ability to respond to changing priorities
- Ability to handle many tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform clerical tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work with a wide range of people in a team setting
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with clients, vendors and others outside the firm
- Ability to establish effective working relationships within the department, office and firm
- Strong service orientation
- Legible handwriting
- Excellent organizational and record-keeping skills
- Commitment to the office and firm
- Commitment to professional growth and development
Educational/Job Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a Receptionist, preferably in a professional services environment
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP participates in E-Verify for purposes of verifying employment eligibility