Los Angeles – Century City - Staff - Human Resources Assistant
Los Angeles – Century City
Human Resources Manager
Core Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday – Friday, unless otherwise approved; additional hours as required
For consideration please email your resume and cover letter, indicating the job title and location in the subject line, to email@example.com.
Under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Manager, and following prescribed department, office and firm procedures, the Human Resources Assistant is responsible for providing general administrative support to the Human Resources department. The Human Resources Assistant is expected to perform all responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm’s attorneys, advisors and staff, and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement. Above all, the Human Resources Assistant must fulfill the needs of the firm in a manner which is consistent with the Firm’s Core Values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Duties are performed on a regular basis, as necessary):
- Prepare employment-related forms for staff, paralegals and attorneys for HR Manager’s signature.
- Enter new hires, changes and departures into Lawson HRIS in a timely manner.
- Enter new hire benefits enrollment information into Lawson HRIS and coordinate benefit changes with the Firm HR department.
- Prepare various letters/memos/forms as needed.
- Complete requests for employment verifications.
- Prepare and submit network security administration requests for email addresses/distribution lists (create, delete, modify).
- Provide assistance to HR Manager in preparing “Daily Absence Report” list and coverage for daily and weekend overtime.
- Maintain HR employee forms, orientation and benefits materials.
- File personnel paperwork in a timely manner.
Other Essential Duties (Duties are performed periodically, as necessary):
- Assist with administering local and firm time and attendance procedures, utilizing the firm’s on-line application to collect, monitor and approve timecards and leave requests.
- Sort and distribute paychecks, transit passes and parking passes, parking access cards.
- Order flowers and send donations as approved for bereavements and births; process payments.
- Assist in planning office events (birthday celebrations, staff appreciation week, holiday party, etc.)
- Schedule and coordinate interviews.
- Serve as back-up to Human Resources Manager.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with HRIS, database and reporting applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong oral and written communication skills, discretion and tact
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality of employee, office, firm and client information and adhering to the Firm’s Core Values
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adjust to changing priorities and deadlines in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Strong work ethic with the willingness and ability to assume new tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to exercise initiative, independent judgment and common sense
- Strong service orientation, and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with users, peers, office and firm management, and outside business partners
- Ability to work extended hours as necessary to fulfill responsibilities
- Commitment to the office and firm
- Commitment to professional growth and development
Educational Qualifications/Job Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 2 years of related human resources experience, preferably in a law firm or other professional services organization
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP participates in E-Verify for purposes of verifying employment eligibility