Los Angeles – Century City - Staff - Marketing and Business Development Manager
Los Angeles – Century City
Director of Marketing
Core Hours: 9:00 am – 5:30 pm, Monday – Friday, Additional hours as needed
For consideration please email your resume and cover letter, indicating the job title and location in the subject line, to email@example.com.
Under the general supervision and direction of the Director of Marketing, the Marketing and Business Development Manager is responsible for working with the lawyers in the California offices to elevate awareness of the firm within the California marketplace, support the business development needs of the lawyers in the California offices and implement certain firm wide marketing initiatives. The Marketing and Business Development Manager is expected to perform all responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm’s clients, attorneys, advisors and staff, efficient and effective departmental operations, and an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement. Above all, the Marketing and Business Development Manager must fulfill the needs of the firm in a manner which is consistent with the Firm’s Core Values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Duties are performed throughout every work day, as necessary):
- Working closely with California office lawyers, practice groups and the business development team, assist with the development and execution of marketing/business development strategies, plans and projects for the lawyers in the California offices. This includes identifying and evaluating new business opportunities and targets; facilitating cross-selling initiatives within the California offices and firmwide; and closely following news and trends impacting our clients, our business and the California marketplace.
- Work with California office lawyers, practice groups and firm marketing personnel to identify and execute client educational programs; seminar and speaking opportunities; community involvement; and sponsorship opportunities in the local and regional legal/business communities.
- Coordinate with California office lawyers, practice groups and Communications team members to promote exposure of the practices and individual lawyers, as appropriate, and generally facilitate communication among and between the practices.
- Assist with a range of strategic marketing projects such as production of monthly internal business development newsletter; business development training program; and department training.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the California marketplace
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter who will proactively present and then execute strategic marketing and business development ideas designed to support and increase the California offices’ client base and connections with the firm’s national and international practices
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and attention to detail; strong work ethic; and poise and professionalism when interacting with internal and external contacts
- Ability to prioritize workload; handle several projects at once with competing deadlines; work independently and as part of a team; and complete tasks under time pressure as necessary
- Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; knowledge of InterAction and Vuture preferred
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Fluency in other languages (e.g., Spanish and Mandarin) not essential but would be viewed positively
- Commitment to the office and firm
- Commitment to professional growth and development
Educational Qualifications/Job Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least five years’ experience in a business development/marketing-related field required
- Experience in a professional services environment necessary, previous law firm experience preferred
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP participates in E-Verify for purposes of verifying employment eligibility