Los Angeles - Staff - Conference Services Assistant
Conference Room Services & Event Planning
Conference Services Coordinator
Core Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, unless otherwise approved; additional hours as required
For consideration please email your resume and cover letter, indicating the job title and location in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under immediate supervision of the Conference Services Coordinator and following prescribed department, office and firm procedures, the Conference Services Assistant is responsible for conference room, food service and catering related functions for the office. The Conference Services Assistant is expected to perform all responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm’s attorneys, advisors and staff, and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement. Above all, the Conference Services Assistant must fulfill the needs of the firm in a manner which is consistent with the Firm’s Core Values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Duties are performed throughout every work day, as necessary):
- Set up conference rooms before meetings, including serving food prepared by outside caterers and preparing beverage set-ups for groups ranging from two to several hundred people; maintain appropriate beverage, food and supply levels throughout the function; remove dirty dishes and supplies after the function.
- Wash dishes with a dishwasher and by hand.
- Maintain clean refrigerators, sinks, microwave ovens, pantry surfaces and cabinets; and perform other basic housekeeping duties.
- Stock and maintain supplies in central kitchen and central storage areas.
- Maintain proper inventory levels of equipment (china, glassware, flatware and chafing dishes) and supplies (linens, beverages, food products, cleaning supplies and paper products) for the office kitchens, employee lunchroom, pantries and conference rooms.
- Arrange and move conference room tables and setup as needed, depending on function.
- Ensure conference rooms are maintained in a neat, safe and orderly fashion.
- Ensure all departmental forms and logs are completed accurately and thoroughly.
Other Essential Duties (Duties are performed periodically, as necessary):
- Assist with inventories of conference services supplies and materials.
- Order supplies, as necessary.
- Place food orders, as necessary.
- Pick up last-minute food orders from local caterers and restaurants, as necessary.
- Assist in training new department employees and interns.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions
- Proficiency on equipment used on a regular basis including dishwashers, coffee machines and telephones
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through completion
- Ability to meet deadlines and respond to changing priorities
- Ability to handle many tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work with a wide range of people in a team setting
- Ability to establish effective working relationships within the department, office and firm
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions - add, subtract, multiply, divide
- Strong service orientation
- Commitment to the office and firm
- Commitment to professional growth and development
Educational/Job Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP participates in E-Verify for purposes of verifying employment eligibility