New York - Staff - Trial Services Analyst
Director of Trial Services
Core Hours: 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Monday – Friday; Frequent extended hours, often on short notice
For consideration please email your resume and cover letter, indicating the job title and location in the subject line, to email@example.com.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Trial Services, and following prescribed department, office and firm procedures, the Trial Services Analyst is responsible for creating, editing and supporting trial presentations, graphics, illustrations and other various forms of media, to be used during or in preparation for various legal proceedings. The Trial Services Analyst is expected to perform all responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm’s attorneys, advisors and staff, and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvements. Above all, the Trial Services Analyst must fulfill the needs of the firm in a manner which is consistent with the Firm’s Core Values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Duties are performed throughout every work day, as necessary):
- Provide technical expertise in trial presentation, including the development of graphics, presentations, slides, timelines, illustrations, “call-outs,” and other visual information products.
- Support on-site IT needs & assisting in the setup of hardware & equipment at remote trial locations.
- Oversee the setup, installation and operation of courtroom equipment and other necessary resources (i.e. document cameras, video switches, trial IT setup).
- Advise attorneys and case teams regarding the appropriate equipment and technology to use in support of their trial needs.
- Create and maintain trial presentation databases.
- Create video clips and assist in audio/video conversion.
- Potentially operate trial presentation equipment in the “hot seat” and provide litigation/practice support.
- Attend trials, mediations, arbitrations and other legal proceedings in the U.S.
- Participate in weekly team related meetings, training events & in-person team meetings.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Flexibility and ability to travel, with short or extremely limited notice, to various firm offices or trial locations around the United States
- Familiarity with litigation process and procedures, from filing through trial and appeal
- Experience with creating graphics, demonstratives and other visuals
- Strong working knowledge of various technologies, such as setting up war room equipment, networking, configuring switches, routers & AP’s, printers, NAS devices, and light server management
- Exposure to, or proficiency with, trial presentation software, methods and techniques, including the development of PowerPoint slides, the creation of trial presentation databases (TrialDirector/Sanction), video clips and other graphics
- Strong Windows 7 skills and demonstrated experience with independently troubleshooting hardware and software problems during critical moments
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of personnel and provide end-user support as necessary
- Experience managing complex litigation tasks through project management, follow-through and clear communication
- A broad knowledge of PC based hardware and software applications
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions
- Proficiency on office equipment used on a regular basis including computers, printers, copy machines, facsimile machines and telephones
- Ability to work well under pressure, facilitate solutions, and meet deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adjust to changing priorities in a professional manner
- Ability to establish effective working relationships within the department, office and firm
- Strong service orientation, and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, office and firm management, and outside business partners
- Excellent judgment and common sense
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Commitment to professional growth and development
- Commitment to the office and firm
Educational/Job Experience Requirements:
- 4-year college degree strongly preferred, but extensive related experience may substitute for a degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience providing support within a legal environment or other legal related professional services organization
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP participates in E-Verify for purposes of verifying employment eligibility