Washington, D.C. - Staff - A/V Technology Specialist
Click Here to Apply
Audio Visual Systems Coordinator
Core Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday; Potential for extended hours, often on short notice
Under the direct supervision of the Audio Visual Systems Coordinator, and following prescribed department, office and firm procedures, the Audio Visual Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day support of the Conference Center with a primary focus on Audio/Visual and Video Conferencing support. The Audio Visual Specialist is expected to perform all responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm’s attorneys, advisors and staff, and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement. Above all, the Audio Visual Specialist must fulfill the needs of the firm in a manner that is consistent with the Firm’s Core Values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Duties are performed throughout every work day, as necessary):
- Set-up audio/visual and other presentation needs in conference rooms.
- Manage the Audio Visual calendar and coordinate with Washington office conference center staff to ensure that meetings start on time with all requested equipment.
- Monitor the EMS conference room scheduling system for all meetings and video conferences occurring firmwide in order to ensure video conferences are setup on time.
- Work with Akin IT or outside staff to connect high quality video calls on time.
- Troubleshooting meeting problems - including issues joining, conducting, or participating in audio conference meetings, VTC meetings, and/or Webex meetings and escalating to internal tier 3 groups to resolve as necessary.
- Maintain all audio visual equipment including laptops, projectors, and conference phones to ensure that they are in working order and an adequate supply is available.
Other Essential Duties (Duties are performed periodically, as necessary):
- Assist other team members by scheduling, facilitating, and monitoring firm-wide video conferences as needed.
- Review all bridging requests forms so that every requirement needed for each video conferences is met. Requirements include but are not limited to video layout, host office, recording, audio line, camera switching, muting and others.
- Assist other team members with troubleshooting of audio visual and video conference systems.
- Assist with filming and post-production duties of Firm events.
- Lead or participate in projects as assigned by the Audio Visual Systems Coordinator.
- Assist with training system users as required on all aspects of conference room technology.
- Maintain accurate equipment inventory by following policies and with direction from the Audio Visual Systems Coordinator.
- Conduct quarterly audits of all Audio/Visual and Video Conferencing equipment in the DC office to ensure proper working order.
- Support process improvement activities by recommending and documenting changes to existing procedures.
- Maintain and improve technical skills and abilities through continuing professional education and certifications.
Core Applications and Hardware:
- Cisco video collaboration technology to include: TelePresence Management Suite (TMS); Telepresence Server; Codian MCU; C Series, MX Series, and SX Series endpoints
- Cloud-based video conference technologies
- WebEx and other collaborative/content sharing tools
- Adobe Creative Cloud applications with a concentration on Premiere, Audition, and After Effects
- MS Office 2010
- Desktop and Laptop computers
- MS Outlook
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions
- Ability to communicate with attorneys and staff in an effective, non-technical manner
- Strong technical knowledge in relevant areas
- Demonstrated ability to train computer system users in one-on-one settings
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adjust to changing priorities in a professional manner
- Willingness and ability to assume new tasks and responsibilities
- Proven ability to maintain and update technical knowledge and skills
- Strong service orientation and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with users, peers, office and firm management, and outside business partners
- Ability to work well under pressure, facilitate solutions, and meet deadlines and milestones for projects assigned
- Commitment to the office and firm
- Commitment to professional growth and development
Educational Qualifications/Job Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least a two-year college degree or technical school diploma is preferred; however, substantial experience can substitute for education
- A minimum of three years of experience in Audio Visual/Video Conference operations, preferably in a law firm environment
- AVIXA CTS certification preferred
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP participates in E-Verify for purposes of verifying employment eligibility