Washington, DC - Staff - Senior Billing Specialist
Click Here to Apply
Billing Manager and Billing Supervisor
Core Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Monday – Friday, unless otherwise approved; additional hours as required
Under the direct supervision of the Billing Manager and Billing Supervisor, and following prescribed department, office and firm procedures, the Senior Billing Specialist is responsible for preparing monthly pre-bills, maintaining billing filing system, working with Collections staff to collect aged accounts receivables, monitoring the e-billing process, and ensuring that special billing arrangements are carried out. The Senior Billing Specialist is expected to perform all responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm’s clients, attorneys, advisors and staff, and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement. Above all, the Senior Billing Specialist must fulfill the needs of the firm in a manner which is consistent with the Firm’s Core Values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Duties are performed throughout every work day, as necessary):
- Prepare monthly prebills for distribution to attorneys, including for more complex/difficult client bills.
- Communicate with attorneys and secretaries to address any billing questions or report requests.
- Edit, prepare and finalize monthly prebills.
- Work with Collections staff to collect aged accounts receivables.
- Monitor the e-billing process for those clients that are electronically billed to ensure that invoices are successfully submitted.
- Verify daily new business memo and ensure correct input of information and special billing arrangements for assigned clients.
Other Essential Duties (Duties are performed periodically, as necessary):
- Maintain billing filing system on a monthly basis.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Outlook
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft ExcelExcellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Strong service orientation and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, office and firm management, and outside business partners
- Ability to use critique of work to improve performance
- Identify issues and problems with assignments
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adjust to changing priorities in a professional manner
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects with specific deadlines; strong attention to detail
- Ability to deal with stress around deadlines
- Commitment to the office and firm
- Commitment to professional growth and development
Educational Qualifications/Job Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of two year degree required, with four year college degree preferred, with specialization in accounting or finance preferre
- 3+ years law firm billing experience required
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP participates in E-Verify for purposes of verifying employment eligibility