On November 10, 2010, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services published a Notice in the Federal Register soliciting comments on Accountable Care Organizations. The Notice specifically requests that interested parties comment on various areas including the following:
- Policies to ensure that solo and small practice providers may participate in ACOs;
- Beneficiary attribution to the ACO;
- Methods to assess beneficiary experience within the ACO;
- Patient-centeredness criteria for assessment of ACOs;
- Quality measures that should be used in the ACO program; and
- Other payment methodologies should be tested through the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Innovation
Comments must be submitted to the agency by December 3, 2010.