As the commercial real estate market enters new territory, investors around the world are assessing their portfolios and looking for opportunities.
Our seasoned real estate lawyers combine with those from our leading global funds practice, representing many of the world’s most prominent investment funds, sovereign wealth funds, family offices, individual investors and pension funds and their advisors. We also advise real estate investment trusts (REITs), real estate mortgage investment conduits (REMICs) and commercial and industrial developers.
We handle complex transactions including:
- Acquisitions, dispositions and development of real estate projects, including those in the hospitality, health care, senior living, industrial and technology sectors.
- Formation of multimillion-dollar joint ventures, partnerships, corporations, limited liability companies and REITs.
- Management of loan and real estate portfolios, including acquisition and disposition of distressed and nonperforming loans.
- Representation of real estate investment funds and REITs in the operations and management of a wide range of real estate-based investments.
- Leasing, including leveraged lease and sale/leaseback transactions.
The team has represented clients in an array of projects including offices, data centers, luxury apartments and student housing, industrial facilities, medical offices, senior living, storage, retail projects, hotels and resorts—including branded condominiums, spas, casinos and golf courses.
- Representing Majestic Resorts, an owner/developer of luxury hotels, in its $1.2 billion development of an uber luxury resort in Las Vegas, Nevada. The resort will be a uniquely situated, nonsmoking, nongaming property consisting of a six-star luxury hotel, 10 floors of luxury corporate condominiums, a wellness center operated by a world renowned operator, a luxury spa and a restaurant and retail pad consisting of six well-recognized, luxury dining restaurants. This development is and will be, once completed, the only one of its kind in Las Vegas.
- Represented LifePoint Health and its affiliates to secure and document a $3.6 billion loan secured by 45 hospitals through the United States. This includes handling all of the title survey and zoning due diligence for the LifePoint health portfolio, which also included approximately 1,000 parcels of real estate and a total of 90 hospitals throughout the U.S.
- Assisted an investor/owner in the sale of a 15 data center portfolio with an aggregate sales price of around $600 million.
- Advised a private equity fund in a sale-leaseback and financing transaction involving six for profit schools for a purchase price of approximately $150 million.
- Represented a private equity fund, as borrower’s counsel, in the financing of four data centers for approximately $130 million.