Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP attorneys not only understand the legal issues surrounding the biomass industry, but also have a deep understanding of the practical business and technical aspects of our clients’ projects. As the world works toward further reducing its carbon footprint, Akin Gump is well poised to work with project developers, sponsors, private equity companies and financial institutions in the finance and development of large and small biomass projects around the world, utilizing landfill gas, livestock waste, hay, seed hulls, corn, wood, municipal solid waste and other forms of biomass.
Our dedicated project finance attorneys are supported by Akin Gump attorneys across our 21 offices worldwide in practices such as land use, real estate, tax and regulatory to assist our clients with securing sites, entering into equipment procurement and construction contracts and negotiating power purchase sales agreements.
Our recent representative experience includes:
- representation of project developer in connection with development of numerous distributed biomass/biofuels generation systems in India
- representation of a biomass supplier in connection with various biomass projects in the United States and Latin America
- representation of an international energy company in connection with various biomass projects
- representation of a green power company in the restructure of a biomass facility located in California
- representation of lender in connection with financing of 30 MW waste-to-energy project in Northern California
- representation of developer in agricultural waste-fueled independent power project
- advised developer in connection with development and financing of wood pellet production facilities, a fuel source for biomass-fuel independent power project, located in the United Kingdom.