Earlier this month, several significant amendments to the Delaware General Corporation Law (DGCL) were approved. These amendments were originally proposed in April 2014 and will generally go into effect on August 1, 2014.
The main changes affect the provisions regarding:
- short form mergers (Section 251(h))
- escrowing director and stockholder consents (Sections 141(f) and 228(c))
- amendments to certificates of incorporation without stockholder approval (Section 242)
- filing voting trusts (Section 218) and
- incorporator unavailability (Sections 103(a)(1) and 108(d))
For a description of the changes, see this corporate alert here.