In California, home to Silicon Valley, Biotech Beach and innumerable innovative firms making everything from drones to electric cars, the state government is on the verge of reshaping many existing privacy and cybersecurity regimes. Since California regularly sets the pace for important regulatory changes in the United States and abroad, the resulting market impact may be significant.
The particular areas of interest currently under review include the following:
- “smart television” restrictions
- on-board vehicle computer use and data collection restrictions
- usage of body video camera footage by law enforcement
- collection and usage of geolocation data from mobile applications
- establishment of a minimum standard for encryption of personal information
- drone and unmanned aerial vehicle use and restrictions.
Click here to read the full alert.