- New York – S.A.C. Capital Advisors, L.P. in a $500 million private placement that helped launch S.A.C. Re, Ltd. S.A.C. Re is a Bermuda-based reinsurer whose founding investors include Steven A. Cohen and Capital Z. Partners III, L.P.
- Texas - Great White Energy Services. $742 million sale to Archer Limited, a global oilfield service company specializing in drilling services and well services.
- Los Angeles - Goldman Sachs and Assured Guaranty in connection with the restructuring of The Weinstein Company.
- London - VimpelCom Ltd., a leading international telecom company, on two Eurobond issues with a combined value of $3.7 billion.
- Uzbekistan / CIS - OAO LUKOIL on a project financing of up to $500 million for the Khauzak-Shady and Kandym gas fields in Uzbekistan.
- Africa - Emerging Capital Partners in its majority-stake investment in Java House Nairobi, Kenya’s leading café and casual dining restaurant operator. This is the first private equity transaction in the restaurant sector in East Africa.
- Asia - The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Gushan Environmental Energy Limited in a proposed going-private transaction