Akin Gump has a leading practice representing investors in private placement financing transactions worldwide, including institutional private placement debt issuances, structured finance and securitization transactions and project financings. We have represented investors in private placements of corporate debt by issuers in North America, South America, Australia, Europe and Asia.
We have lawyers on the ground in the U.S., London, and other leading international financial centers, along with long-standing relationships with “local” counsel in all major European jurisdictions and Australia.
We have played a role in many of the most significant cross-border unsecured private placements in recent years, and we have represented nearly all of the major investors in the cross-border institutional private placement market for more than 25 years.
We have extensive experience structuring and advising on private placement transactions, encompassing:
- unsecured corporate debt issuances
- secured financings in the U.S. and around the world
- mezzanine and other subordinated debt financings
- structured financings and securitizations
- amendments, modifications and refinancings
- complex intercreditor agreements
- restructuring transactions involving private placements
- project and infrastructure financings
- sports team/league financings
- utility financings
- investment trusts
- financings in developing markets