Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP has one of the most experienced and sophisticated government contracts practices in the nation. Our government contracts lawyers draw from a wide range of resources and technical experience to represent clients in all aspects of government procurement. We are experienced in the federal, state and local procurement processes, laws, regulations and dispute-resolution practices.
Our lawyers assist all types of clients, including aerospace and defense contractors, small business and nonprofit organizations. At Akin Gump, we believe that each client relationship is unique and that each relationship requires personalized attention. We strive to partner with our clients and are fully committed to providing our clients with the highest-quality legal services at a predictable and reasonable cost.
Our government contracts lawyers provide a full range of legal services to clients that do business with governmental entities. We advise clients on complying with complex government regulations. We also handle government contract disputes, bid protests and claims, and we defend individuals and corporations in a wide range of administrative, civil and criminal proceedings, including fraud investigations and whistle-blower lawsuits. Akin Gump also has well-established relationships with Congress and state and federal regulatory agencies that help us effectively represent contractors in every industry involved in public business.
We can provide additional information about our specific areas of experience, including:
Government Contract Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- bid protests
- False Claims Act and qui tam defense
- Contract Disputes Act
- defective pricing
- litigation and alternate dispute resolution
- suspension and debarment.
Government Contract Capture
- approaching federal agencies and Congress
- proposals and negotiations
- security clearances
- teaming and subcontracting
- protecting intellectual property rights.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- due diligence
- Defense Security Service (Foreign Ownership Control and Influence)
- novation agreements.
- compliance counseling and reviews
- internal investigations
- voluntary and mandatory disclosures.
Specialized Contracting Environments and Vehicles
- grants, cooperative agreements, cooperative research and development agreements, technology investment agreements and “other transactions.”
Foreign Military Sales
- administration and compliance.