Aditya Nagarajan’s practice focuses primarily on corporate and cross-border transactions.
Practice & Background
Mr. Nagarajan represents public and private companies and private equity funds in connection with their transactional activities, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, restructurings, debt and equity financings, and private equity financings. His primary focus is in representing clients in cross-border transactions, where he has extensive experience representing both investment funds and companies in various strategic transactions.
Mr. Nagarajan also maintains a vibrant pro bono practice. Most recently, Mr. Nagarajan successfully drafted a motion for reduction of sentence that was immediately granted by the Southern District of New York, resulting in an ultimate reduction of seven years and immediate release of the client. Additionally, he has represented other indigent individuals and organizations in both civil and criminal matters.
Prior to joining Akin Gump, Mr. Nagarajan had a litigation practice in the New York office of another leading international law firm.
Mr. Nagarajan’s experience includes representing:
- A private equity fund in its acquisition of a network of hospitals across the country
- A private equity fund in its buyout of a defense contractor with international operations
- A private equity fund in its acquisition of a collateralized portfolio of residential solar contracts
- A private equity fund in its acquisition of various marine vessels structured as single asset entities
- A consortium of noteholders in its restructuring of debt held in a bankrupt aviation company
- A private equity fund in its acquisition of an aviation company with significant real estate holdings
- A foreign company in its various strategic acquisitions and related corporate governance matters
- A private equity in its fund formation efforts and various compliance efforts