Alan L. Laves co-heads the firm’s debt finance practice. Mr. Laves’ practice involves a variety of corporate and transactional matters, with emphasis on debt offerings, secured lending, debt restructurings and other finance transactions.
Practice & Background
Mr. Laves represents issuers, underwriters, bondholders, private placement investors and trustees in connection with issuances of high-yield and investment-grade corporate debt securities in public offerings, Rule 144A and Regulation S offerings, private placements and restructuring transactions. In addition, he represents borrowers and lenders in connection with senior secured credit facilities, second-lien and subordinated loans, and other finance transactions of all types and sizes. His experience with debt restructurings includes numerous restructurings of secured and unsecured debt securities and loans, both in and outside of bankruptcy. Mr. Laves’ experience spans a broad range of industries and includes both domestic and foreign companies.
Mr. Laves’ representative engagements include:
- a $1.3 billion secured credit facility and a $200 million offering of senior subordinated high-yield notes for a leading international motion picture exhibitor
- a $600 million offering of senior high-yield notes by a domestic energy company
- a $100 million issuance of third-lien PIK toggle notes by an international automotive parts manufacturer as part of a prepackaged plan of reorganization under chapter 11
- a $120 million subordinated loan and the related restructuring of $780 million of existing first-lien, second-lien and holding-company credit facilities for an international energy company
- a $350 million secured term loan for a domestic manufacturer as part of a dividend recapitalization transaction
- a $1.6 billion unsecured credit facility, a $500 million offering of senior high-yield notes, and a $700 million offering of convertible notes by an international marketing company
- a $200 million revolving credit facility for an international technology service company
- the restructuring of $2.4 billion of unsecured debt of a registered investment company
- the restructuring of $225 million of private placement notes issued by a North American power generation company
- a $250 million revolving credit facility for a domestic energy company.
Awards & Accolades
- Chambers USA: American Leading Lawyers for Business (2008 to 2012)
- The Legal 500 United States (2009)
- Texas Super Lawyers (2003-2010).