Aleisha Gravit is the chief marketing and business development officer for Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP. Ms. Gravit is responsible for setting the direction for practice group- and industry-driven strategies, public relations, internal communications, brand management, competitive intelligence and market research. In this role, she collaborates with the firm’s lawyers and professional staff to maintain a client focus, increase marketplace awareness and facilitate cross-office and cross-practice collaboration.
Ms. Gravit has more than 18 years of experience in marketing, communications and business development in law firms. She is a graduate of Harvard Law School’s Leadership in Law Firms Executive Education program and is a certified Yellow Belt in Legal Lean Sigma® and Project Management.
Prior to joining Akin Gump, Ms. Gravit was the chief marketing officer for Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. She also spent 11 years with Texaco Exploration and Production Inc. (now Chevron), where she was responsible for the sales and marketing of nonproducing oil and gas assets, and oversaw community involvement outreach for the western region.
Ms. Gravit is involved with multiple professional, community and civic organizations, including:
- board member, American Liver Foundation, North Texas
- member, Board of Visitors, University of Texas Southwestern University Hospitals and Clinics, 2015-2016
- fellow, College of Law Practice Management; inducted in October 2015
- member of the Executive Committee for the National Capital Area Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Ball, 2013
- president (2013); chair, Governance and Nominations Committee (2014); president-elect (2012); immediate past president (2014); member-at-large, Board of Directors (2009 - 2011); co-chair, Governance Committee (2009); and co-chair, Los Angeles Conference Committee (2008) of the International Legal Marketing Association (LMA)
- president of the LMA - Rocky Mountain Chapter (1999).
Awards & Accolades
- third-place recognition by LMA “Your Honor Awards,” Websites – Individual Portions of Website, for Lateral Integration Portal (2015)
- platinum winner, MarCom Association for 2012 Annual Report (2013)
- platinum winner, MarCom Association for Akin Gump Website Redesign (2013)
- gold winner, MarCom Association for Pro Bono Marketing Brochure Folder (2013)
- third-place recognition by LMA “Your Honor Awards,” Online Interactive category, for Mobile Tagging (2011)
- second-place recognition by LMA “Your Honor Awards,” Electronic Media category, for Akin Gump 2009 Holiday Greeting (2010)
- second-place recognition by LMA “Your Honor Awards,” Promotional and Collateral Materials, for Big Move, Small Footprint Announcement (2009)
- best-of-show recognition by LMA “Your Honor Awards,” Firm, Practice or Industry Website, for 2008 Financial Crisis Resource Blog (2009)
- second-place recognition by LMA “Your Honor Awards,” Promotional and Collateral Materials, for Energy Brochure Series (2008).
- “Getting Your Foot in the Door,” Attorney at Work, 2016
- “Crisis Communications,” Managing Partner Magazine, 2009.
- “Busting Silos: How to Turn the Concept of Cross-Selling into Practice,” LMA Annual Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, March 2017
- “Building the Law Firm of the Future with Marketing at the Helm”, Texas LMA Think Tank Conference, October 2016
- “Trends from the Trenches: Effective Strategies to Build a Roadmap for Your Legal Marketing Career,” LMA Annual Conference, Austin, Texas, April 2016
- “Best Practices for Business Development and Pricing Partnerships,” International Legal Technology Association, August 2015
- “How Collaborative Intelligence Is Key to Knowing Your Client,” Ark Group’s 8th Annual Best Practices & Management Strategies for Law Firm Library, Research & Information Services Conference, New York, February 2014
- “Pricing, Profitability and the Role of Marketing,” Los Angeles and Bay Area Chapters, April 2013
- “What's Your Worth? Adding Value to the Vision,” Texas LMA Chapter, May 2013
- “Pricing for Law Firms: The Role of the Marketing Professional,” LMA Capital Chapter, February 2010
- “Knowledge Is Power: Using Knowledge Management to Boost Business Development and Bring More to Clients”, LMA Annual Conference, Washington, D.C., April 2009
- “Lateral Recruiting Across Borders,” Legal Marketing Association Webinar, 2009.