- Advises European and emerging markets private fund sponsors.
- Assists with a wide variety of structured secondary transactions including fund restructurings.
- Asset classes include private equity, real estate, credit and infrastructure.
Aleksander Bakic has extensive experience advising sponsors across multiple alternative asset classes, with a particular focus on European mid-market and emerging markets funds. He has acted on the establishment and operation of buyout, renewable energy, growth, infrastructure, permanent capital and real estate funds for managers ranging from first-time teams to some of the most successful GPs in their space.
- Advised a leading secondaries investor on a $829 Million GP-led secondary transaction for Permira IV, a closed private equity fund.
- Assisted a premier Africa-focused sponsor on the raising of their third flagship pan-African fund, which closed at its $1.1 billion cap, making it the largest Africa-focused private equity fund raised to date.*
- Advising a leading secondaries investor on a range of secondary acquisitions of global portfolios, including roll-over secondaries, spin-outs, tender offers and GP-led restructurings including the recent $2.5 billion Nordic VII transaction (reported as the largest deal of its kind to date).
- Advising a joint venture between a U.K.-based development finance institution and a secondaries-focused fund of funds on a series of fund restructuring transactions involving Indian private equity funds.
- Advising an established Brazilian manager on the raising of its latest private equity fund focused on Brazil.
Public Service and Affiliations