Alena Geffner-Mihlsten is a member of Akin Gump’s corporate practice.
Practice & Background
Ms. Geffner-Mihlsten’s practice involves a variety of financing and mergers and acquisitions, with significant experience with U.S. and international companies. She has acted for many private and public companies in debt financing and equity financing transactions as well as worked with clients in securities, mergers and acquisitions, media finance and other commercial matters.
Ms. Geffner-Mihlsten graduated from the University of Southern California Law School. While in law school, she interned for Business Affairs at DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. Prior to law school, she graduated from Johns Hopkins University with a B.S. in Mathematics and a B.A. in Physics.
Ms. Geffner-Mihlsten’s recent engagements include representing:
- VimpelCom Holdings B.V. and GTH Finance B.V. in a $1,200,000 dual tranche bond offering
- Issuers and underwriters in connection with several multi-hundred million dollar IPOs of units of special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs)
- Airbus Group, Inc. (formerly EADS North America) in its sale of its U.S. test and services division to Astronics Corporation for approximately $53 million
- Ratpac-Dune Entertainment in obtaining a $150 million Bank of America credit facility
- Public companies in annual regulatory filings and required SEC disclosure
- Airlines in aircraft sales and leasebacks
- A renewable energy company in obtaining multi-tranche financing
- Technology companies in acquisitions, spin-offs and sales of company units
- Banks in providing single-picture financings to entertainment companies