Alexis Freeman represents creditors, debtors, and bondholders in both in-court and out-of-court restructurings and focuses on complex corporate restructurings.
Practice & Background
Ms. Freeman has been involved in a wide variety of commercial and bankruptcy cases. She has represented lenders, debtors, and other creditors in complex commercial and chapter 11 cases in a variety of industries, including television and newspaper media, metals and mining, imaging, aircraft, automotive, telecommunications and energy.
Ms. Freeman has also worked on a number of appeals in the U.S. Supreme Court and the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 2d, 6th and 9th Circuits, including Till v. SCS Credit Corporation and In re Vickie Lynn Marshall, a/k/a Anna Nicole Smith.
Ms. Freeman’s recent representations include:
- debtor Allied Nevada Gold Corp. (now known as Hycroft Mining Corporation) in its Chapter 11 proceedings
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of James River Coal
- the ad hoc committee of second lien noteholders of Eastman Kodak Company
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Hawker Beechcraft, Inc.
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Quebecor World (USA), Inc.
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Calpine Corporation
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of VeraSun Energy Corp.
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of The Majestic Star Casino, LLC
- an informal group of first lien lenders of ION Media Networks, Inc.
- the steering committee of lenders of Philadelphia Newspapers LLC
- debtor Archbrook Laguna Holdings LLC in its chapter 11 proceedings.
Ms. Freeman is involved in community activities that include being a:
- President of the Parents’ Association for JCC Manhattan Nursery School 2014-present
- former member of the Board of Trustees for Chelsea View Condominium Association 2008-2011
- member of the Infant and Young Children Committee at the JCC of Manhattan.