- Represents corporations, institutions and individuals in matters of reputational recovery, crisis management and government response, and defense from false attacks in the media.
- Counsels clients on navigating the intersection between political activity and the law, including navigating the political appointment process and ethics requirements.
- Served as Associate Counsel and advisor for presidential personnel at the White House in the Obama administration.
Amanda Kane counsels clients at the intersection of law, risk management, and political activity. She has extensive experience in government and internal investigations, as well as use of the legal system to protect the reputations of both individuals and corporations. She also advises clients on compliance with the Lobbying Disclosure Act, Foreign Agents Registration Act, and the various statutes and regulations surrounding government ethics, conflict of interest, and “revolving door” employment. Amanda maintains an active pro bono practice, representing both institutions and individuals at legal risk related to claims of sexual assault and harassment.
- Successfully represented a food industry client in a defamation claim against a nationally known radio host and film producer, resulting in a full retraction and apology.
- Won a motion to dismiss in novel suit filed against an organization accused of facilitating its employee’s harassment and defamation of a private individual.
- Secured successful settlement and dismissal of a defamation and malicious prosecution lawsuit filed against an individual in retaliation for claims of sexual assault.
- Counseled nominees for Senate-confirmable positions on the nomination, ethics and vetting processes.
- Created trainings and other content for large institutions on their compliance obligations under the LDA and FARA, and other government ethics restrictions.