Practice & Background
Axel Vogelmann focuses on matters that include financial restructurings, general corporate law, mergers and acquisitions (including distressed debt transactions), private equity and equity special situations. His clients comprise, in particular, funds, insurance companies and credit institutions. During his career Mr. Vogelmann has worked in Frankfurt, New York and London and has been seconded to a leading U.S. law firm in New York.
- advising mezzanine lenders regarding the financial restructuring of Bulgarian Telecommunications Company
- advising the senior ad-hoc coordinating committee of first lien lenders regarding the financial restructuring of Klöckner Pentaplast Group
- advising senior and mezzanine lenders in connection with financial restructurings of German commercial real estate portfolios
- advising a hedge fund in connection the acquisition of a portfolio of secured shipping loans
- advising two German state banks regarding the cross-border merger of a Luxembourg utilities fund and the subsequent sale of the fund to a strategic investor
- advising an international leisure park operator regarding the acquisition of a German movie park
- advising various corporations in connection with several acquisitions in Germany
- advising strategic and financial investors in connection with the acquisition of various German IT companies
- advising an investment bank regarding the acquisition of an insolvent German shoe manufacturer and the restructuring of Borussia Dortmund GmbH & Co. KGaA.