Chase Wiley Armbrust is an associate in the firm’s global energy and transactions practice.
Practice & Background
Mr. Armbrust advises clients on a host of matters, ranging from public and private securities offerings to private equity investments and divestitures to special project financing and corporate debt structuring.
Mr. Armbrust earned his B.A. at the University of Texas at Austin where he was enrolled in the Plan II Honors program and his J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School where he was involved in the creation of the Law School’s Exoneration Database.
Mr. Armbrust’s recent representative matters include:
- representing an alternative investment fund in a $185 million convertible preferred equity investment in an exploration and production company prior to its initial public offering;
- representing a public company acquirer in three stock-for-stock mergers involving aggregate transaction value in excess of $2 billion;
- advising the special committee of the general partner of a publicly traded energy master limited partnership in connection with transactions involving the acquisition of assets for an aggregate value of approximately $85 million;
- advising the special committee of the general partner of a publicly traded energy master limited partnership in connection with creation of a midstream joint venture involving capital commitments of approximately $75 million from each partner; and
- representing an exploration and production company in the sale of approximately of $181 million in upstream assets in the Eagle Ford Shale.
Other representative matters include:
- representing a master limited partnership in its acquisition of an offshore pipeline business for approximately $1,500 million;
- representing a master limited partnership in its acquisition of a crude oil logistics business for approximately $900 million;
- representing a client in its investment in a greenfield pipeline project in Virginia;
- advising an exploration and production company in its placement of $350 million of PIK Toggle notes;
- advising an exploration and production corporation in its initial public offering of $880 million of common stock;
- advising the public entity in its placement of $588 million of notes;
- representing a public exploration and production corporation in a divestiture of Granite Wash assets for approximately $588 million;
- advising various public entities with periodic securities filings;
- advising various public entities in the negotiation of ISDA Schedules;
- advising a master limited partnership in the negotiation of amendments to its secured credit facility;
- representing a master limited partnership in the negotiation of multiple terminaling, transportation services and throughput agreements with an international energy corporation;
- advising a master limited partnership in its placement of $500 million of notes and its offering of $220 million of common units;
- representing an upstream company in replacing a volumetric production payment with a first lien loan arrangement;
- representing a renewable aviation fuel refinery in a special project financing arrangement;
- representing a public exploration and production corporation in its acquisition of Eagle Ford assets for approximately $639 million.