- Diverse range of experience in a variety of markets, including in emerging markets such as Africa and Asia.
- Focus on renewable energy transactions.
Daniel Prince’s practice focuses on project development, mergers and acquisitions and financing in the energy industry. He represents developers, sponsors and lenders in connection with energy projects. Danny assists clients with solar and wind deals, project financings, mergers and acquisitions, turbine supply agreements as well as engineering, procurement and construction agreements.
- Represented SunPower Corporation in connection with the Hannon Armstrong “SunStrong Capital Holdings” joint venture, facilitating the deconsolidation and optimization cash flows of SunPower’s entire residential solar lease portfolio, including multiple mezzanine loan facilities and the refinancing of existing back-leverage facilities through a $400 million asset-backed securitization.
- Represented Sustainable Power Group (S-Power), a Utah-based owner and operator of utility and distributed electrical generation systems, in the negotiation of wind turbine equipment procurement and service contracts from a number of wind turbine vendors
- Represented the Royal Bank of Canada in the debt and tax equity financing of the Buckthorn Wind Project being developed and constructed in Texas by a subsidiary of NRG Energy, utilizing both power and hedge and corporate offtake arrangements. Ran the construction debt side of the transaction, coordinating with both the client and the counterparty, as well as a number of third parties.
- Advised Northleaf Capital Partners in its significant investment in a portfolio of solar and wind projects being developed in Texas by APEX Energy. The transaction was unprecedented in that it involved Northleaf providing development capital when the project had secured necessary debt and tax equity financing and the developer had provided a notice to proceed with construction, as well as in the fact that it involved a relatively new “proxy revenue swap” agreement with an international insurance company in lieu of a traditional power purchase agreement. A portion of one of the projects was located on, and sells power to, a military base. The project was one of the nominees for Renewable Deal of the Year for 2016 by Project Finance. Coordinated the deal between various specialists, including real estate, corporate and finance professionals, and ensured that a complicated transaction was properly managed on a demanding time frame.
- Counseled AES Corporation, one of the largest energy companies in the world, in the negotiation of wind turbine supply and service agreements with Vestas for a project in Hawaii.