- Handles international and U.S. domestic acquisitions, joint venture and private equity transactions, as well as public and private international and U.S. equity and debt transactions.
- Assists with transactions in Europe, Latin America, Russia and the CIS, Africa, Asia and the United States.
- Counsels boards and management of public companies on corporate governance matters.
- Member of the firm’s management and compensation committees.
Daniel Walsh represents both acquirors/investors and their targets/investees in acquisitions and investments in major markets around the world. His clients span industries including energy, telecommunications, technology, mining and manufacturing. He also handles public and private international and U.S. equity and debt offerings, representing both issuers and underwriters.
- Advised New York Stock Exchange-listed Endava on its acquisition of Comtrade Digital Services (CDS), formerly a division of Comtrade Group B.V., for €60 million.
- Advised Pan American Energy in connection with the disposition of service stations in Paraguay.
- Advised BC Energy Investments Corp. on the formation of the largest privately owned integrated energy company in Argentina. The transaction combined BC Energy Investments’ and BP plc’s interests in oil and gas producer Pan American Energy with BC Energy Investments’ interests in refiner and marketer Axion Energy.
- Assisted VEON Ltd., a leading global provider of connectivity and Internet services, in relation to the $2.6 billion disposal by its Egyptian-listed subsidiary Global Telecom Holding of a 51 percent stake in Orascom Telecom Algérie, the leading Algerian mobile telecommunication operator, to the Algerian National Investment Fund. Algerian law dictates that a foreign investor cannot control a majority stake in a domestic company. The matter involved a novel structure in which a shareholders’ agreement allowed the client to maintain control of the company in spite of owning only 46.5 percent.
- Represented LUKOIL International Finance B.V. PJSC "LUKOIL": Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of $1 billion, 10-year 4.750% notes by LUKOIL International Finance B.V. and guaranteed by PJSC "LUKOIL".