- Focus on project development and finance.
- Practice emphasis on infrastructure project financings, debt financings and mergers and acquisitions.
- Co-leader of the firm’s global project finance practice.
Dan Sinaiko represents developers, sponsors, lenders and investors in capital and infrastructure projects. Focusing on the renewable energy sector, he handles transactions including development, debt finance, equity finance and mergers and acquisitions.
- Served as counsel to Abu Dhabi Water and Electric Company in the tender, development and financing of the 1,777 MW Sweihan Photovoltaic Independent Power Project located in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. Advised on the solicitation process, offtake agreement, construction and operational contracting, site control documentation and $870 million debt and equity project financing.
- Advised GlassPoint Solar in connection with the development of the 850 MWt/25 MWe Tulare Solar enhanced oil recovery project for the Belridge oilfield located near Bakersfield, California, including structuring and negotiation of solar energy supply, carbon credit sale, site control, construction contracting and advice on debt and tax equity structuring.
- Assisting SunPower Corporation in connection with the Hannon Armstrong “SunStrong Capital Holdings” joint venture, facilitating the deconsolidation and optimization cash flows of SunPower’s entire residential solar lease portfolio, including multiple mezzanine loan facilities and the refinancing of existing back-leverage facilities through a $400 million asset-backed securitization.
- Represented SunPower in the sale of a 4.7 GW portfolio of utility-scale development solar assets to Clearway Renewables (NRG Renew).
- Served as counsel to project companies in the development and financing of the 392-MW Ivanpah Solar Energy Generating System in San Bernadino County, California, including negotiation of, and advice on, various project arrangements and $2.2 billion in financing, including $1.6 billion in construction and permanent debt guaranteed by the U.S. Department of Energy under the Innovative Technology Loan Guaranty Program.