- Practice focuses on government and regulatory investigations and litigation, corporate investigations and complex civil matters.
- Serves as the firm’s general counsel.
Douglass Maynard represents public companies, board committees, investment fund managers and individuals in a variety of regulatory and related business matters. He has conducted dozens of internal investigations, including many cross-border matters. Doug has significant experience in handling libel and other media law cases. He represents book publishers and various news outlets.
- Represented a special committee of a public company in conducting an internal investigation of alleged misconduct and corporate culture issues.
- Advised the board of trustees of a university in connection with public allegations of serious misconduct by employees.
- Counseled an audit committee in connection with tax and accounting issues.
- Conducted a series of investigations for the audit committee of a multinational public company based in Europe into allegations of insider trading, theft, accounting fraud, whistleblower retaliation and other misconduct.
- Conducted an internal investigation for a public company into alleged Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) violations.
Public Service and Affiliations