Elias Dabaie focuses on complex commercial litigation and consumer class actions. He has experience in all stages of litigation, including serving as lead counsel in several trials.
Practice & Background
Mr. Dabaie regularly represents and advises clients in a wide-range of high-stakes litigation, with particular emphasis on business disputes alleging breach of contract, business torts, consumer fraud and products liability claims.
Mr. Dabaie brings a singular commitment to his clients’ success, earning him a reputation for fierce advocacy and imaginative litigation strategies.
His clients span a broad range of industries, including real estate finance, professional sports and aeronautics. For each client, Mr. Dabaie is a trusted advisor and provides a full range of counseling support for their litigation needs.
Currently, Mr. Dabaie sits on both the firm’s Hiring Committee and Pro Bono Committee.
Mr. Dabaie’s experience includes:
- Representing a multinational real estate investment firm as lead counsel at trial
- Representing a famous sports figure in a wrongful death action, successfully mediating the dispute
- Representing a multinational retail corporation as national coordinating counsel on nationwide products liability actions
- Representing a domestic bank and its foreign affiliate in various commercial, transactional and regulatory matters
- Representing a developer of photovoltaic energy systems in breach of contract claims against a solar energy supplier and its parent company
- Representing a major U.S. airline in all of its aircraft finance, leasing and procurement matters
- Volunteer Prosecutor, Office of Los Angeles City Attorney (2016)
- Panelist, Neighborhood Justice Program, Office of Los Angeles City Attorney (2016)
Awards & Accolades
- Pro Bono Associate of the Year (2015)
- Pro Bono Matter of the Year (2015)
- Presenter, “Reasonably Calculated to Proportional: 2015 Amendments to the F.R.C.P.” Akin Gump Seminar, Los Angeles, CA (February 29, 2016)
- Presenter, “Hindsight is 20/20: The Million Dollar Comma” Akin Gump Seminar, Los Angeles, CA (May 30, 2014)