Elisabeth Cappuyns represents clients in a range of corporate transactions. She is also the corporate practice manager and a member of the corporate knowledge management team.
Practice & Background
Ms. Cappuyns advises companies, investment banks and private equity funds in capital markets transactions (both private placements and registered offerings), mergers & acquisitions, private equity transactions, and corporate governance and securities compliance matters.
In addition, Ms. Cappuyns manages and executes various transactional knowledge management initiatives, including preparing client-focused and internal materials and editing the corporate blog.
Ms. Cappuyns spent six months in Abu Dhabi when the firm opened its office there in the fall of 2008. Prior to joining Akin Gump, Ms. Cappuyns was an associate at two other law firms, in New York and in London.
Ms. Cappuyns’ recent representations include advising:
- a public company in secondary equity transactions
- a public company in private equity investments in the oil services and other industries
- a private investment fund sponsor in a going-private transaction and the subsequent sale of a public oil and gas company
- a private oil services company in a number of domestic and cross-border acquisitions and corporate matters
- an E+P company in its IPO and related corporate and securities matters
- a Brazilian E+P company in corporate matters
- a public electric company in the merger with another public energy company
- a Canadian CBM company on general corporate and financing matters, including in a financial restructuring
- government-owned entities in Abu Dhabi in private equity and M&A transactions, including investments in a major private equity firm and a major real estate company, and related corporate, cross-border and structuring issues
- investment banks in several equity private placements in the energy sector, including securities offerings by oil, gas and CBM (coalbed methane) companies
- underwriters in the IPOs of a zinc recycling company and a natural gas company
- underwriters in registered debt securities offerings by an oil and gas company
- management teams and underwriters in IPOs of SPACs (special purpose acquisition companies)
- investment banks regarding the issuance of fairness opinions
- an entertainment company in a joint venture to establish a new children’s network
- an entertainment company in a cross-border M&A transaction with a U.K. listed company