Erica Abshez Moran focuses her practice on commercial litigation matters with an emphasis on consumer class action defense and business litigation matters involving contractual and business disputes.
Practice & Background
Ms. Moran has experience defending class action lawsuits involving claims for unfair business practices, false advertising, and violations of federal and state data privacy laws. She has also litigated complex matters in federal and state courts, as well as arbitration. She has been involved in all stages of litigation, including bringing multiple cases to trial. Her experience includes drafting pleadings and motions, handling all pre-trial discovery-related disputes, directly communicating with opposing counsel, preparing for and attending depositions, and preparing for and attending trial, including preparing pre-trial motions and filings, preparing witnesses, and overseeing graphics and trial technical support.
While in law school, Ms. Moran was the chief managing editor of the Journal of Environmental Law and Policy, and participated in the National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition. Ms. Moran served as an extern to the Honorable Margaret A. Nagle, Magistrate Judge for the Central District of California.
Ms. Moran’s recent engagements include:
- Representing a multinational retail corporation as national coordinating counsel on nationwide products liability actions.
- Representing a major global television brand in a multi-district class action litigation concerning alleged violations of the Video Privacy Protection Act.
- Representing a major global television brand in a consumer class action concerning alleged misrepresentations in the labeling of televisions.
- Representing a national veterinary hospital chain against a nationwide consumer fraud and unfair practices class action arising out of labeling and sales, resulting in summary judgment and the defeat of class certification.
- Representing a large fitness center chain in arbitration concerning alleged participation rights in the $1.85 billion stock sale of the company. Defeated claims of liability and awarded over $1 million in attorneys’ fees and costs.
- Counseling a leading telecommunications service provider in pre-merger integration planning and antitrust compliance.