Erica Abshez Moran focuses her practice on commercial litigation matters with an emphasis on contractual and business disputes, as well as on consumer class action defense.
Practice & Background
Ms. Moran has litigated complex matters in federal and state courts, as well as arbitration. She has been involved in all stages of litigation, including bringing multiple cases to trial. Her experience includes drafting and arguing motions, handling all aspects of pre-trial discovery disputes, taking depositions, devising and implementing trial strategy, preparing witnesses, and attending trial. Ms. Moran also has experience defending class action lawsuits involving claims for unfair business practices, false advertising, and violations of federal and state data privacy laws.
While in law school, Ms. Moran was the chief managing editor of the Journal of Environmental Law and Policy, and participated in the National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition. Ms. Moran served as an extern to the Honorable Margaret A. Nagle, Magistrate Judge for the Central District of California.
Ms. Moran’s recent engagements include:
- Representing a multinational retail corporation as national coordinating counsel on nationwide products liability actions.
- Representing a major global television brand in a multi-district class action litigation concerning alleged violations of the Video Privacy Protection Act.
- Representing a major global television brand in a consumer class action concerning alleged misrepresentations in the labeling of televisions.
- Representing a national veterinary hospital chain against a nationwide consumer fraud and unfair practices class action arising out of labeling and sales, resulting in summary judgment and the defeat of class certification.
- Representing a large fitness center chain in arbitration concerning alleged participation rights in the $1.85 billion stock sale of the company. Defeated claims of liability and awarded over $1 million in attorneys’ fees and costs.
- Counseling a leading telecommunications service provider in pre-merger integration planning and antitrust compliance.