Advises clients on a wide variety of corporate transactions with an emphasis on matters in the energy sector.
Euan Strachan advises clients on a wide range of corporate transactions including domestic and international mergers and acquisitions (M&A), private equity, joint ventures, restructurings, incorporations, contracting and procurement, as well as general commercial matters.
Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
- Acted for NextEnergy Capital regarding its purchase of a 27.4MW solar power project located in Odisha India. Our role involves advising on all English law related issues arising out of the acquisition documentation and associated security arrangements.
- Acting for the purchaser in the proposed acquisition of a 10.5 MW solar power project located in India. Our role involves advising on all English law related issues arising out of the acquisition documentation and associated security arrangements.
- A major Japanese corporate on its proposed acquisition of an interest in major solar development in the Southern United States.
- Acted for Japanese and Malaysian conglomerates in the acquisition of a minority shareholder’s interest in an Omani desalination company and its operating company in the context of an impending initial public offering (IPO). As well as negotiating the terms of the share transfer and overall framework of the transaction, Euan was heavily involved in amending the project and financing documentation (in conjunction with projects and banking teams based in the United Arab Emirates (UAE)) in order to address the exit of the minority shareholder. The transaction documentation was heavily negotiated and involved a variety of law firms across multiple jurisdictions.*
- Acted for a leading Saudi Arabian developer and operator of power and water desalination projects in the sale of 49 percent of its renewables business to a Chinese state-owned infrastructure investment fund.*