Harley Raff is counsel in the litigation department.
Practice & Background
Ms. Raff has experience in a variety of legal areas, including securities enforcement, commercial litigation, investment funds litigation, securities litigation and regulatory matters, and bankruptcy and insolvency litigation.
Ms. Raff received her B.A., with distinction in all subjects, from Cornell University in 2008. Ms. Raff graduated cum laude from Cornell Law School in 2011, where she served as an articles editor on the Cornell Journal of Law and Public Policy and as Executive Vice Chancellor on the Moot Court Board. While pursuing her legal education, Ms. Raff served as a summer intern at the Appellate Division of New York, Second Department.
Ms. Raff’s representative matters include the following:
- representing a former senior employee of a high-profile hedge fund in connection with DOJ and SEC investigations of alleged insider trading
- representing hedge funds in connection with SEC compliance exams
- representing mobile relationship manager in an internal investigation relating to alleged accounting fraud
- representing an individual in an investigation by the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission into potential insider trading
- representing a leading financial institution in cross-border investigations of conduct in the spot FX market
- representing major professional sports league in an internal investigation relating to the conduct of one of its athletes
- representing debtor and securing confirmation of a bankruptcy plan in contested confirmation proceedings regarding alternative restructuring transactions
- representing major debt holders in contested confirmation proceedings relating to valuation