Practice & Background
Igor Krivoshekov is a partner in the London office. His principal areas of practice are international M&A, private equity and joint venture transactions with particular emphasis on the oil and gas sector. He has practiced extensively in the UK, the U.S. and Russia.
Mr. Krivoshekov acts for multinational groups, private equity and other investors in the development of their domestic and international strategies.
His experience includes transactions throughout North America, Europe, Russia, Asia-Pacific and Africa.
Mr. Krivoshekov's recent engagements include:
- Representing L1 Energy in the completion and shareholder funding of its acquisition of RWE Dea AG for debt and equity consideration of US$5.7 billion.
- Representing a private equity group in its minority investment in an on-demand personal transportation app provider.
- Representing an independent oil company in its disposal of producing and exploration oil and gas assets in Gulf of Suez, Egypt.
- Representing a private equity group in relation to its investment advisory and structuring arrangements for a USD multi-billion fund investing in global oil and gas projects.
- Representing an investment fund in its consortium transaction in relation to an acquisition of an oil mining lease interest in Nigeria.
- Representing an independent oil company in its disposal of upstream oil and gas assets in Nile Delta, Egypt.
- Advising an international investment group on its joint venture in relation to oil and gas exploration in Central Asia.
- Advising an international oil-field service provider on a series of oil field services acquisitions and disposals in the former Soviet Union.
- Advising a Russian oil-field service provider on its joint venture with an international oil-field service provider.
- Representing an investment fund in its acquisition of upstream oil and gas assets located in Southeast Asia, Europe, North America and Central America.
- Representing a Chinese state-owned oil company in its acquisition of an upstream asset portfolio in Russia.
- Representing a Luxembourg-based private equity fund in its equity financing of the Main Market listed vertically integrated oil company.
- Representing a Luxembourg-based private equity fund in multiple rounds of equity investment in an international mining holding with operations in North America, Russia and Caucasus.
- Representing a Singapore-based private equity fund in its minority investment in a wiring and conductor manufacturer.
- Representing a Singapore-based private equity fund in its joint venture in respect of Maldives hotel development and operation.
- Representing a Luxembourg-based private equity fund in its equity investment in an IT start up engaged in development of retail banking apps.
- Representing a Luxembourg-based private equity fund in its equity investment in a real estate development firm.
- Representing a Luxembourg-based private equity fund in multiple rounds of equity and debt investment in Silicon Valley based long distance learning start up.
- Representing an off-shore investment group in its investment in an industrial holding with assets in Russia and the Ukraine.
- Representing an off-shore investment group in its minority investment in an IT start-up.
- Representing a Russian investment group in its USD multi-billion acquisition of Novorossiysk Commercial Sea Port.
Awards & Accolades
- Igor Krivoshekov is noted as a "foreign expert" in Chambers Global for Corporate M&A in both the UK and Russia.
- Igor Krivoshekov is recommended by Legal 500 UK for Private Equity: Transactions and Oil and Gas, with clients commenting that he is ‘a great technical lawyer’.