- Co-heads Akin Gump’s global project finance practice.
- Helps clients buy, sell, and finance energy and power projects.
- Helps clients structure investments in projects and portfolios of projects.
John Marciano’s practice encompasses tax, legal, and commercial advice on energy and infrastructure projects. He also counsels clients in all aspects of the budding unmanned aviation industry, including financing fleets of unmanned aerial systems. His work includes advising on capital-raising and deployment strategies for a wide range of clients, primarily in connection with solar, wind, geothermal, fuel cell and biomass projects.
- Advised a major solar developer in the first open-ended, distributed solar tax equity transaction involving a commercial and small utility-scale project.
- Represented a large financial institution as a tax equity investor in the first residential and commercial solar tax equity aggregated portfolio.
- Acted for a major financial institution as the construction and back-leverage lender for the first U.S. offshore wind farm.
- Represented multiple private equity and infrastructure funds in two dozen investments in renewable projects and portfolios of projects.
- Assisted solar and wind developers and tax equity investors on more than 100 tax equity facilities.