Jonathan Pico focuses his practice on capital markets, cross-border mergers and acquisitions and U.S. Securities law. His recent experience includes representations in the mining and metals, oil and gas, telecommunications and financial services sectors.
Practice & Background
Mr. Pico received his B.A. with honors in Political Science in 2004 from Colgate University, where he was a member of the Phi Beta Kappa National Honor Society, and his J.D. from Columbia Law School in 2009. He is a member of the New York Bar.
Prior to joining Akin Gump, Mr. Pico worked as an associate in the London office of a major U.S. law firm.
Mr. Pico’s recent engagements include representing:
- Bridas on its agreement to form the largest privately-owned integrated energy company in Argentina, through the combination of Bridas and BP plc’s interests in Pan American Energy, Argentina’s second largest producer of oil and gas, and Bridas’ interest in refiner and marketer Axion Energy
- Global Telecom Holding SAE in the sale of its mobile telecommunications operations in Zimbabwe
- LUKOIL International Finance B.V. PJSC "LUKOIL": Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of $1 billion, 10 year 4.750% notes by LUKOIL International Finance B.V. and guaranteed by PJSC "LUKOIL"
- VimpelCom Holdings B.V. and GTH Finance B.V. in a $1,200,000,000 dual-tranche offering of 144A/Reg S notes listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange
- Banglalink Digital Communications Limited in a $300,000,000 offering of 144A/Reg S notes listed on the Singapore Exchange
- a multinational metals and mining company with a copper and gold project in an emerging economy in Asia
- a multinational oil and gas company with various debt and equity capital markets transactions and regulatory issues
- a Middle East aluminium smelter with limited recourse financing arrangements
- multinational banking and financial services companies with structured products and investment strategies disclosure.
Awards & Accolades
- Legal 500 UK 2017, Next Generation Lawyer for “Finance – Emerging Markets”