- Focused on global power generation project finance.
- Much of his recent work has been in sub-Saharan Africa and the Middle East.
Julian Nichol’s practice focuses on the acquisition, disposal, development and financing of independent power generation projects and electricity transmission and distribution assets, as well as advising on reserve-based financings for upstream oil and gas companies.
Power – Africa
- Advised Actis on its acquisition of a majority stake in the groundbreaking 450MW Azura-Edo IPP, Nigeria.
- Acted for AES Corp. in the development and financing of the Kribi and Dibamba IPPs, with financing provided by the following development banks: IFC, AFDB, EBRD, PROPARCO, BDEAC and FMO, Cameroon.
- Represented AES Sonel in its financing arrangements, relating principally to the development of Kribi and Dibamba IPPs, Cameroon.
Power – Middle East
- Represented Diamond Wind Europe and Nebras on the 52.5MW Shams Ma’an PV project, with financing provided by JBIC and commercial banks, Jordan.
- Advised the sponsors on the 10 MW Arabia One PV Project, with financing provided by IFC and FinnFund, Jordan.